Amen for long weekends. Malachi and I just LOVE when Brian gets to stay home an extra day! Not that it happens too often, but when it does, BOY do we feel spoiled!! We had a nice relaxing morning, which Kai took a nice long 3 hour nap (amen) and then we decided to hit up the Kansas City Zoo. It was a last minute idea, but we wanted to get out and enjoy the extremely nice Memorial Day so we packed up and headed out.
Kai was absolutely PERFECT. To start, he fell asleep on the way there, pooped BEFORE we got into the zoo (may not sound like a big deal, but it is!) and then just enjoyed the ride. I was surprised because it was pretty hot yesterday and I thought for sure that it would make him one fussy little boy, but nope, he was rockin' it. We did give him his sippy cup, which he refuses to drink out of but loves to chew on, and we let him drink from our Gatorade bottle (his favorite) and occasionally splashed a little water on his head to cool him off, and with that there was not even one little peep of a whine. It was actually quite amazing. We took him out to see the "cool" things and Brian carried him on his shoulders for some of the time. I was quite surprised that he didn't fall asleep in the stroller, but what can I say? He's a stud! He did fall asleep for a little bit on the way home, but was ready to hit the ground running (or crawling) by the time we got home. I think it's safe to say that we wore him right out because he was OUT by the time I zipped his little sleep sac up. Gosh he is just my favorite :)
Yeah, needless to say, he was spent and we had good time :)
Yay for long weekends!! Looks like you guys had a blast!! Can't wait to see you :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys got to have extra family time this weekend!!! Love all the pics. :)
ReplyDelete