Friday, August 6, 2010

Cheerios.

So I have tried really hard to make our little home as kid friendly as possible, especially since the boys have been crawling around and getting into things like crazy little boys do. I've put all the glassware up in the cupboards and I've moved all the chemicals into the higher shelves in the laundry room, so pretty much everything with in their range is all game. We did have a little speed bump with the TV and the movie shelf because they kept pulling it over, but that was quickly resolved with teaching them "NO" (I won't lie, that was Brian's job hehe). So because I took such care to make sure everything is as safe as possible, I don't really freak out if I leave them in the kitchen for a couple of minutes while I change a load of laundry, put away laundry, make the bed, etc. Well they have gone and proved me wrong. TWO DAYS. TWO DAYS in a row while I left the room to do do something, they go and dump A WHOLE BOX of Cheerios all over the floor. I knew they were up to something to because they got all quiet on me and usually they're squeeling back and forth at each other. Obviously all I could do was laugh, I mean, there really wasn't a reason to be mad right? They're just wanted a snack :) The first time I went ahead and picked them all up...the second time, however, I just left them on the floor until they went down for a nap. It was entertaining to watch them meander back into the kitchen and start snacking on the Cheerios again. It was so cute too because the second day when I peered my head over the open cupboard Malachi gives me a little innocent smile and then starts putting the Cheerios back into the box. TOO CUTE! They sure know how to make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment