Let me just start off by saying that I have come to the conclusion that I am, in no way, shape or form, ready for basketball season. Having a baby is one thing...having a squirmy, can't sit still, wants to run all over the place toddler, well, it's a whole other story. Brian was out of town this weekend in St. Louis for a Nike something-or-other and I was, well, a single parent. Oh the joys :) It was Friday night and I decided that Kai and I would hit up the volleyball game. In my head I was thinking, well they typically don't last too long, so I think we'll be okay. By thinking this it made me completely space out on bringing the following to the game: wipes, food, a drink, toys, a ball and a pacifier. So it's safe to say that all I had in there were diapers. Having said this, Malachi wanted to be held, then he wanted to get down, then he wanted to climb the stairs, then he wanted to run around on the court (the part that wasn't being used...) and then he wanted to be held, then he wanted to be put down...you get the picture? Well the team was only into their 2nd match and I was just absolutely exhausted SOOOO I called it quits and we went home. Kai went to bed just fine while I finished up some of our trip planning (that has been exhausting in itself...thanks for the help sisters *insert sarcasm*). Around 11:30 I decide it's probably about time I get some rest ANNND at 12:00 Malachi decides it's time to play. At 4:00 after being up this whole time Mommy is about to have a mental breakdown. Nothing I did would get him to sleep...and I mean NOTHING. Finally I gave him something to eat (only when I heard his poor little anorexic tummy growl at me) and then about 4:30 I put him down. AHHHHH finally some sleep...until about 7:30 when he woke up. DREADFUL.
This all leads into our lovely little Saturday. I somehow held myself together and did not become a zombie - obviously I am overwhelming exhausted, but since I felt like a complete "coach's wife/mommy" failure for bailing out of the volleyball game so early (okay okay I didn't really feel like a failure, I just realized I need to get my act together for bball season!) I put my game face on for the football game. Malachi takes a pretty decent nap (though not nearly as long as I had hoped) and we head over to the Mule Train at about noon. For those of you not familiar the Mule Train it is something that the boosters put on for all the other boosters/coaches where they pretty much cater this big tale gating thingy in the parking lot. They get different restaurants to cater it - free lunch! Of course Kai refuses to eat a whole lot of nothing (thankfully I got a little something in him before we left), except my DQ dilly bar. He pretty much ate half of it. Judge me all you want, but yes I let him have it :)
Finally it is game time and all seems to be going well. Thankfully the games aren't too packed so Kai is able to walk up and down a row of bleachers...to an extent. Malachi's buddy Hayden, the little boy I watch during the week, was sitting right in front of us and they were VERY entertaining. Hayden has a kissing/biting obsession to Malachi's head/face (ALL THE TIME!) and lately Kai has been shoving his hand right back in his face. It's really funny. Also of late, Malachi LOVES LOVES LOVES to put things over your mouth so when you talk it sounds funny. He typically does it to himself and then wants you to do it. Also, really funny (see pictures for explanation).During the game Kai wanted to go over on the other side, then once he was over Hayden would want to come on my side...little boys are freaking tiring! Anyway, we only ended up making it to half time before the little tyke was ready to take a MUCH needed nap. I need to train him to sleep on/under the bleachers somehow...
I love your stories. Seriously... you crack me up!! Miss you guys, wish you could be here with Brian. Maybe next year!!!
ReplyDelete