February 1, 2010
Friday, February 4, 2011
Now & Then
It is just crazy to me how time seems to literally be flying before my eyes. There are days that I still can't believe that I have graduated college, am married and have a child. Only adults do that kind of stuff!! And how in the world did my little nugget get to be 18mos?!? It never really hits me until friends, who had kids after Malachi was born, post how old their little ones are...that's when I'm like WHAAAAAAT how can they be 9mos already. I think for the most part it's because I don't see these friends very often (shout out to Lindsey Williams because I'm thinking of you while I write this...) and I have only ever really met their child once or twice and they just change way too quickly to keep up with that kind of thing! Honestly, I think I'm just really analytical right now and thinking way too much about this :) But as I was thinking I was looking at some pictures of Kai from February of last year. I just can't believe how much he has changed...and yet, how much he is still the same. He's changed so quickly and I adore every stage that he's in, but I just wish time would slow down just a teenie tiny little bit. I think I accidentally wished away some of his stages, especially the newborn one :( At that time I just wanted him to hurry up and learn to roll over, learn to sit, eat solids, learn to crawl, get teeth, etc and now I want to take it all back!!! Take your time, slow down, don't grow up too fast. It makes me almost sick to my stomach thinking about it - it makes me want to cry like a big sissy - like curl up in a ball and just wish that time would slow down - maybe if I pray hard enough I'll wake up and he'll still be at an earlier stage of his life...but then again I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the one we're in right now. He plays, he runs, he talks, he communicates, he snuggles, he loves, he kisses, he laughs, he pats me on the back and gives high fives! Why would I want to trade all that?!? I'm crazy, that's why! I guess in the end I just need to not wish away each day, but instead embrace it. Yes he will cry, scream, whine, fuss, hit, kick, bite, throw things and break things, but at the end of the day I guess I'll still keep him :) Stole.my.heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It really is amazing how quickly they change!! I still can't believe you have an 18 month old!! I love these pictures of Kai, he's such a little stud :) Miss you guys so very much! Sure wish we lived closer to you (or that we both lived in CO).
ReplyDeletePS- thanks for the sweet comment on my blog last week.
I LOVE those pictures. I LOVE his smile!! I"m sure it's easy to wish away stages, but at least you know now not to!
ReplyDelete