Okay I know I've moved before, but the last time we moved, well, I didn't lift a muscle. I was 9 months pregnant for crying out loud! This time, however, I am not...I'm not even pregnant so apparently, according to the "Laws of Brian" I had no excuse. And yes, I did try the, "oh no I think I have the summer flu!" Unfortunately Brian did NOT buy it. Dang. But seriously, these last few weeks have been unbelievably ridiculously horribly crazy. One of my first mistakes was definitely not packing a single thing before I left for Maine. We were in Maine for 2 weeks...came home on Monday night, which is basically Tuesday and we closed on our house THAT Friday. Am I crazy? Obviously. Thankfully my husband is amazing...and by amazing I mean amazingly patient. Do you know how hard it is to get motivated to pack your life up when you are literally moving 1/4 mile down the street? It's really hard!! Somehow, however, we packed up our whole house Thursday/Friday and moved in Saturday/Sunday...and that includes scrubbing the life out of our old place. Note to self: next time I will definitely hire a professional cleaning lady instead of trying to do it myself. We are still not completely settled, but it's already starting to feel more like home and everyone loves home...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE our new home! It's not a mansion, but it's just perfect for our little family and I couldn't be happier. Plus, you can't beat paying a mortgage of only $20 more a month than you were paying for rent and no money down. BOO-YA! Plus we have neighbors! Real life nice people neighbors. One couple even brought us cookies! WOO HOO! Friday night after we had moved a lot of our stuff over to our new place I went back and started organizing a few things. It was about 11p when I headed back to get some sleep. I had run a few boxes out to the car and was headed in for more when I hear, "LYNDSEY! LYYYYYYYYYYYYYNDSEY!" Naturally I peek my head out of our garage door and it's a bunch of my neighbors just chilling in their driveway talking. "STOP MOVING AND COME HAVE A BEER WITH US!" Ummmmmmmmm yes please! Too bad I don't really like beer, but the company was good and the people are super dooper oober nice. YAY for awesome neighbors and being a home owner!
We currently don't have internet...and there is only ONE provider here in town that is in our new development soooooooooooo the earliest they can come install it isn't until next Tuesday. Ridiculous! Oh well, it will be worth the wait. And hopefully we'll be more settled and I can post a couple pics! I've been so internet deprived that I came into Brian's office tonight to check my email and post a quick little blog. Oh...did I mention my sister in-law and her family closed on their 1st house too and only 45 minutes away. HOORAY for having family close!
Congrats ya'll. Love reading the blog and taking a glimpse into the daily life. It's like peeking over the fence and watching the fun unfold...of course not the creeper kind of watching over the fence. Anyway. Miss ya'll tons and we're super excited for ya. Stay cool. I heard it's super hot and humid out there. Love you guys. --jd
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys! You better post pictures as soon as you get your internet hooked up!!
ReplyDelete