If you know Kai, or if you know Brian or myself then it's safe to assume that you would know that Kai has A LOT of energy. No joke this kid cannot sit still to save his life. Movies or TV can hold his attention for MAYBE 20 minutes (max) but that's only if there is absolutely positively nothing else going on anywhere near him, otherwise, he's out. Even if the TV is on he'll typically watch for a couple seconds (literally) and then run and do something and maybe run back to watch a few more seconds. It's ridiculous. Trust me, this is in no way a complaint...as far as TV goes. But there are days, especially being 35 weeks pregnant, exhausted, emotional and down right lazy, that I would LOVE for Kai to sit down and shut up. Just give me a few minutes of peace and quiet, a moment to rejuvenate and take a deep breath without being interrupted. Shoot I would be satisfied if he let me go pee without him running in saying "Mommy what you doing?! Mommy go potty? I flush it?" I know, sounds harsh but I'm just being brutally honest. He talks a mile a minute with a thousand questions in one breath and sometimes during the day I just need him to rest his mouth. Is that too much to ask? Apparently. However I made the most amazing discovery today. We were in the garage doing a little craft for Xavier's room when Kai picked up a pair of scissors (real safe, I know) and sat and cut up paper for at least an hour. No running around, no asking me a million bajillion questions, he just sat there in almost complete silence (talking to himself occasionally) while he cut away at my little crafting scraps. It was glorious. I mean, truly glorious. It was seriously as God just sent me this perfect little gift. A breath of fresh air. Amen.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment