Tuesday, July 17, 2012

4th of July

 Yep, it was 13 days ago, but guess what? I'm just getting around to it. Plus, there really isn't a whole lot that went down. Except that we almost started the Missouri version of the Colorado fires...darn smoke bombs. Anyway, Brian had the day off, obviously, and we weren't really sure what to do AND our bestest most loyal friends made plans with other friends since we're usually MIA during this time of year (yes, that is you Lori) so we kinda just sorta winged it. We ended up going to the pool, catching some rays, floating down the lazy river, tried to get Steve and Brian to go off the diving board ("no one needs to see that" was their excuse) and then headed over to the Hasslers (he owns the radio station here in town). Gotta be honest, I really wasn't looking forward to that night - I more envisioned us watching the Warrensburg fireworks across the street from the community center, just having a good ole genuine "family night", but I'm really glad that we went. Mostly because we found a new awesome babysitter for when our favorite is unavailable, but on top of that Kai had a blast with Hayden and Lauren, he loved watching the fireworks display they had, playing with sparklers and running through the smoke bombs. Brian and I had a good time because Kai found a new best friend (aka: our new babysitter) and hardly bothered me for anything so we were able to be more social. Come to think of it, I probably should have paid her for watching him that night because I sure didn't watch him...okay, okay, I did check on him quite often to make sure he was behaving, but I didn't have to worry about him. He pretty much sat with her the whole time and when he wanted something he asked her for it and she jumped right up and got it. Yep, we got a keeper...only problem is, I can't remember her name. She is the youngest daughter of the head coach of the Jennie's basketball team. Little Slifer - I think her name was Maggie, but I'm not quite sure. I guess I'm going to have to check the media guide. Shoot. Anyway, we had a great time celebrating America's birthday!!





From the smoke bomb...





I think these 2 had at least 5 cookies each

...11pm

Ride home...cookie in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment