Monday, July 22, 2013

Zombie Mommy


Most people who will read this will probably be hearing this for the millionth time, but I am legit a zombie. I have literally been running on about 3 hours of "solid" sleep every night. And I swear that sweet little JB knows exactly when I lay may head down on any.single.pillow in the house because almost simultaneously he will start to cry. Seriously buddy, just 5 minutes, all I wanted was a quick 5 minute power nap. Ugh. But of course, such is life and this mommy is one tired zombified mommy. I guess 3 hours will be my new normal...at least until after our CO trip because when we get home from that it's on like Donkey Kong. It's a battle and I will win.

Anyway, I knew I hit a wall when the other night I fed Josiah, laid him down, said a quick prayer that he would sleep and then went to get some of my trusty friends...the nipple pads. I had hopes of maybe getting some sleep and didn't want to wake up to a milk-maid mess so the protection was definitely necessary. Just out of habit I grab my other little friend, the nipple cream. Ahhhh sweet relief. Except what is this tingling sensation? I don't remember this from...ever. Somehow my sleep deprived mind tells my sleep deprived body to turn on a light. Low and behold, that was not my trusty friend the nip cream, it was in fact...toothpaste. Nothing says relief like a minty fresh nipple. Refreshing.

Annnnnd with that I say to all, goodnight.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment