I know many people who blog, but for one reason or another I never really felt the urge to. With Facebook it's just so easy to keep in touch with everyone that I didn't feel the need to blog...that is, until today. I was reading some blogs of friends and realized that blogging might give me a good outlet. Something to get me away from laundry and cleaning...not that I do that all the time, but just something else to take up my time.
Let me give a brief rundown on how we got to where we are. For those of you who don't know, last year was crazy for us. We had our son, Malachi (we call him Kai) July 21st and though we weren't planning on kids yet, God had a completely different plan for our lives and we couldn't be more in love! On July 23rd, while we were still in the hospital, Brian was offered the Assistant Coach position at the University of Central Missouri and a week later Brian and his mother where in a moving truck headed north. Kai and I were left behind to stay with some very VERY generous friends (thank you Blake & Mary and Sam & Lindsay!!) for another week. On Kai's 2 week birthday my dad and I loaded up the car and drove to our new home! Brian and his mom were studs!! By the time we got there they had an apartment picked out, the water/electricity on AND had all our stuff moved in to their proper places. Sometimes I don't know how we got through the craziness and we have so many friends and family members to give thanks to!
Since then our hectic lives have started to settle down. After the family visits, our lives started to become more of a reality. Thankfully the Lord blessed us with a very "chill" baby, otherwise I just might be in a mental hospital.
Brian's season is now in full swing and after being ranked #1 in the nation (DII) for a time, they are still holding strong at #7 (I could be wrong) with a record of 15-1. We have all learned so much already about what it's really like to be a "coaching family". We are all invested in Brian's career as a coach and honestly I don't think we'd have it any other way. It hasn't been easy, but we're learning as we go...it helps that Kai LOVES going to the games and though I tend to watch Kai more than the game, I still enjoy getting out and being with friends!
Yay!! Love you guys! :)
ReplyDelete