First of all I cannot believe that basketball season is almost over! Wow, time really has flown right on by. People always say that once you have a child it goes by so quickly, but you really never get the full

understanding until you have one. I mean, seriously, Kai is 7 months, sitting by himself, eating solids, rolling all over the place, starting to wiggle around (his version of crawling) and he has 2 teeth...didn't I just have him yesterday? Well...that's what it feels like! But with all this said, tonight was the last home game of this seas

on and a BIG congrats to Brian and the Mules as they are regular season CHAMPIONS (I married no loser baby!) The game was a little anti-climactic because they have their sights set on being National Champions, but for us it was our first one. They got to cut down the nets after the game and all the students wore black shirts for a BLACK OUT. AND there were over 5,000 fans there. It was pretty cool. Plus, since my dad is in town Brian and I chose to go out for the first time since we've been here. Well, usually after Saturday afternoon games the Boosters have what they call a "Mule Train" and we go but are typically out of there by 7 at the latest. Tonight, however, we left to run home and feed the little guy, get him in bed and then went back out! We were still home by 10:30, but it was a late night for us and we were able to hang out with some of the other coaches. I even played pool...twice! We had a lot of fun. No worries, Kai didn't wake up :-)
Visitors...Visitors...I LOVE VISITORS! So Victoria came in last Friday and stayed until Tuesday and I just LOVED having her here (come back come back!) Mr. Malachi had a lot of fun with his Grandma and he was

so very sad when she left. When he woke up from his nap after we dropped her off at the airport he looked around for her, then looked at me with this look of confusion, then looked around again. It was so precious. You don't think babies notice that kind of stuff, but give them some credit because they are smart little buggers! Currently my dad is in town and then Douglas comes for the MIAA tournament (don't worry Doug we'll make you some butterfingers!) and then 2 weeks after that my mom (and maybe Rachel) are coming out for my birthday! My dad talked about maybe buying a plane ticket for Meredith for her birthday to come out and see us, but I'm not holding my breath. I just really love having people visit!
Lastly, I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this because it really has been too long

since I've posted anything, but Kai now has 2 teeth! Can you believe it?! I think he really just stared discovering them today because he kept rubbing them with his tongue AND he refused to let go of his sippy cup, even when you took his hands away. The kid LOVES chewing on that thing. I actually think he might be getting another tooth but we'll see. I'm in NO rush as he has discovered the ART of biting. Lovely. He's gotten a little better after a few "mommy freak outs", but we still have "relapses". Oh well, what can I do?
Well, until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment