On a different note: Kai is just changing so much and it's absolutely incredible. He is really starting to learn how to use his hands, starting to really babble all day long (and night) and he really watches what people are doing. He has started to do this new thing too where he shakes his head "no", but I know he's not doing it to say "no"...it's really odd. Side note: he is also having trouble with his bowels and I have whipped up a nice batch of prunes to try and help him along. Hopefully they work! And yes, I have started making Kai's baby food and am surprisingly enjoying it. It makes me feel accomplished during the day when I whip up a batch of this or that. Not that people who don't make their baby food aren't, it's just a personal thing. Keeps me busy. Plus, Kai likes to "help", usually by grabbing at anything and everything. I just love that boy!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
And the Hubs is Gone...Sad Day
Brian left for Wichita Falls (TX) today for his Regional basketball tournament...which WE should have been hosting, but that is a whole separate story. I'm really hoping they can win the Regionals for MANY different reasons. One: we would get to go to Boston and I would be able to see my family. Two: I wouldn't have to deal with canceling my plane tickets that have already been purchased. Three: we would actually get to see Brian for awhile because IF they lose this weekend then he is going to Indiana for a JUCO tourney to do some recruiting ALL next week...thus, he would miss my birthday. More importantly, that would mean we wouldn't see him for about 2 weeks straight. The only thing that would make that somewhat bearable is the fact that my Mom is coming in on the 18th!! Honestly, we've had a lot of visitors and like I've said before, I LOVE VISITORS, but having your Mom come is just different in so many ways. Soooo in short, the Mules need to win this weekend so that we can see Brian next week and my Mom 2 weekends in a row :-)
On a different note: Kai is just changing so much and it's absolutely incredible. He is really starting to learn how to use his hands, starting to really babble all day long (and night) and he really watches what people are doing. He has started to do this new thing too where he shakes his head "no", but I know he's not doing it to say "no"...it's really odd. Side note: he is also having trouble with his bowels and I have whipped up a nice batch of prunes to try and help him along. Hopefully they work! And yes, I have started making Kai's baby food and am surprisingly enjoying it. It makes me feel accomplished during the day when I whip up a batch of this or that. Not that people who don't make their baby food aren't, it's just a personal thing. Keeps me busy. Plus, Kai likes to "help", usually by grabbing at anything and everything. I just love that boy!
On a different note: Kai is just changing so much and it's absolutely incredible. He is really starting to learn how to use his hands, starting to really babble all day long (and night) and he really watches what people are doing. He has started to do this new thing too where he shakes his head "no", but I know he's not doing it to say "no"...it's really odd. Side note: he is also having trouble with his bowels and I have whipped up a nice batch of prunes to try and help him along. Hopefully they work! And yes, I have started making Kai's baby food and am surprisingly enjoying it. It makes me feel accomplished during the day when I whip up a batch of this or that. Not that people who don't make their baby food aren't, it's just a personal thing. Keeps me busy. Plus, Kai likes to "help", usually by grabbing at anything and everything. I just love that boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment