As you know Brian coaches college hoops. He loves it. I love it. Kai will learn to love it. You know you got something good going when your wife loves your job just as much as you do, so Brian, you got it good! Well with this job comes many nights alone - just me and the little guy. It's still really hard when he leaves for a long time and I definitely don't "enjoy" him being gone, but I have learned to look forward to SOME things while he's away :-)
1. I get the WHOLE bed to myself. Even though, to be honest, I rarely take advantage of this and typically stay on just my side curled up in a ball with a pillow placed vertically to "replace" Brian, it's still nice to know that if I want to SPRAWL I can do so.
2. I get a whole carton of OJ to myself. This may not mean a whole lot to others but to me there is just something about getting up in the morning and chugging right from the jug. Instant refresh. No one worry, I do not do this normally, just when Brian is gone. So when you all come visit you will not have my germs all over the OJ. Don't judge me. Please still visit.
3. Since I have the whole bed to myself, when/if Kai wakes up in the middle of the night I can just scoot across the bed INSTEAD of walking all the way around. Not that it's a long walk, but on more than one occasion I have slammed my leg into the side of our footboard, leaving a huge bruise. Jumping over Brian is always an option, but I can't say that he'd appreciate it. Though, he is a heavy sleeper so I doubt he'd even notice.
So I thought I had a lot more things I enjoyed when Brian was gone but I guess those are really the only 3. One thing that I know I miss a whole lot when he's gone is him getting up with Kai at 7 so I can sleep that extra 30 minutes AND the fact that he makes me coffee every morning. I can honestly say this last week has really made me miss the coffee :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment