Thursday, April 1, 2010

No It's Not Poop.

So recently we've been gradually giving Kai some finger foods. We started with these little rice husk things that he LOVED and then moved to puffs, dried yogurt things and then these other little things that make him smell like maple syrup for days. He seems to LOVE being able to feed himself, though it did seem to take him a VERY long time (in "mommy days") to figure it out. I even tried cutting up some banana and letting him feed himself little chunks of that BUT you should see his face when he grabbed some - he was NOT impressed. So for now, I continue to hand feed him the banana - sometimes we just let him bite right off the end, but he tends to try to shove the whole thing in there so we're holding off on that for now. Anyway...so lately he's been teething (amen, amen his first top tooth finally broke through yesterday!), but since he's been teething he's been putting more things in his mouth. WELL, I found these things called Biter Biscuits at the store. A couple of friends told me about them so I figured I'd give them a go. WELL LET ME TELL YOU THEY ARE NASTY! He love love loves them, but they make a terrible mess AND since they are a fairly hard he can't really bite into them so it ends up being this brown slobbery mess. Yes, it was gag worthy. But it was all worth it since he seemed to enjoy it so much. I couldn't help but laugh watching him devour it. Technically not devour since he really just sucked it. He did, however, take one big bit off the end which I had to take out of his mouth for fear of choking. Phew, this momma stuff is sometimes so hard...BUT SO WORTH IT!

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie - Love the second pic of his messy face. He's got a little smirk as if he's saying, "pfh! I just made a mess for you to clean up!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG we did the same thing today! Avery was so mad at me when I took it away! She made a mess, but she loves the biter biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stories always crack me up. As always, love the pictures, the facial expressions are great.

    ReplyDelete