Saturday, October 23, 2010

15 Months of CUTENESS!


Looking back 15 months (and a couple days...) I just can't believe how much this little boy has changed...and how much he's changed our lives!! If you haven't had kids, seriously I could write you a novel on how much he has changed from month to month, week to week, day to day, but since so many other fantastic doctor-type people have done that for me, feel free to read any baby book :) You will be AH-MAZED!

Malachi is really starting to be very VERY expressive. I know, I know - he's been pretty expressive since the day he was born BUT I promise you that every day I see some new expression that means something COMPLETELY different than all his other expressions. Seriously. The kid really does crack me up. He is also recently set the new world record for 100 yard dash in the 12-18 month division. The kid has started sprinting. Sometimes he even starts breathing heavy. I'm not really sure when I should start to worry about that ;-) His latest thing, among millions of others, is that he has realized that if he does not want to eat something that I have shoveled in his mouth, he can simply stick his tongue out, thus making the food magically disappear. Stinker. He is eating pretty much everything though. I accidentally gave him peanut butter, which I was planning on waiting until he was 2, but he didn't have any reaction so TA-DA now he gets it.

Brian and I haven't really done a whole lot of signing with him, but he created his own sign for please (which is similar to the real sign for "more"), he also does "all done" and "eat"...except he doesn't really sign eat...I sign eat when he is smashing food between his fingers and then he'll put the food in his mouth. Once in awhile he'll smash the food on his face while signing it, but mostly it just goes straight to the pie hole. He has really started to say mama, dada and ball and sometimes he'll randomly say bye-bye instead of waving. He also says "HOT", but only after I have said it. He claps and then will say "YAAAAY" and when he's on the slide I say "one-two-three GO" and he'll make similar sounds, but the real words haven't quite made their way out just yet. He also now understands the command "sit" - good doggy...I mean, boy. But seriously, when we say sit he will indeed sit ;-)

Malachi LOVES to walk around talking on the phone (a miniature version of Brian has been BORN!!!) - he has a fake phone from the Verizon store (the guy gave us one because he was afraid Kai would break a real one haha), but he'll also use an ipod or remote. It amazes me how smart he is though and how quickly he picks up on things. When he grabs the remote, even though it is sometimes his "phone", he will start pushing buttons and look at the TV (and we seriously don't have the TV on that much when he's up), he'll take his thermometer and put it to his head just like we do when we're checking for his fever AND tonight he even took the hair dryer out from under the sink and held it up to his head making sounds similar to what it makes. For those of you who know me well, you know that I have probably used that hair dryer a handful of times in my life, let alone since he was born SOOOO I'm thinking that the kid is a genius (clearly taking after me).

I also think he's been picking up on my dance moves. He loves to shake it! Not going to lie, sometimes we really do have dance parties (just him and I) and he is a riot! I think I'm going to try and teach him the Electric Slide so he can be prepared for any and all weddings :) He seriously sometimes twirls...which in guy terms I think it's just deemed "spinning", but either way, it's really funny. Such a charmer.

He has his 15 month check up on Monday so I'm not sure on all his "stats", but if I were to guess, he's probably just barely 20lbs (clothes on...maybe even shoes) and who knows how long. He is in 24 month/2T shirts because his arms are so LONG, but his pants are still 12 months (18 months if he is wearing a cloth diaper). I'm thinking of starting him on a HGH to bulk him up a little bit :)

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. Seriously? 15 months?? How did this happen?? Miss you guys so much, I wish I could see this sweet little boy grow up in person instead of online. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete