Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Milestone?

So I realize this isn't your traditional "milestone", but I really think it was ground breaking. Okay, maybe not "ground breaking", but you know what I mean. We don't really hit up fast-food all too often and when we do it's typically Chick-fil-a because Kai just LOVES their nuggets and for awhile that was all we could really get him to eat (stinker). Well Saturday afternoon I was really wanting my coffee (yes, I'm addicted, thank you) and we were all out. Brian was out of town and I hadn't really gotten ready for the day and, well, let's face it, I was a lazy bum. So instead of running to the store to pick up more coffee I hit up McDonald's for a nice hot cup of $1.00 coffee. As I was pulling up to the drive-thru I thought, you know, Kai does need to eat lunch, I'm being a little lazy this morning SOOOOO bam, he gets his very 1st Happy Meal. Being the picky eater that he is I was a little nervous that he wouldn't eat it, so I got him the nuggets and gave him a french fry for the ride home. Well in the short 5 minute drive Malachi pretty much ate 1/2 his fries. At this point I was starting to think that 1. the fries are probably all over the backseat or 2. he's going to have a massive tummy ache from all this grease, I'm a horrible mom. Well when we get home, lucky me, the fries weren't all over the seat, they were all in his tummy. We get inside and I cut up his nuggets and he devours every.single.one. Then he continues on his fries and finishes all but 4 or 5. It was jaw dropping really. For a kid that doesn't eat a whole lot I was pretty impressed! But then again, that is probably why most of the nation is obese. Ugh. Oh well, he liked it and I'm glad he got a couple extra (hundred?) calories for the day. Not to mention he LOVED his Happy Meal toy - transformers, he totally digs it.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahha! It IS a milestone. and who wouldn't eat all of it? Kai included - he knows good food. Even if it isn't real :) ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... I love McDonald's french fries and nuggets!! I still get a happy meal when I go! Is that weird?? Love his little CSU beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I little McDonalds never hurt anyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!! And LindsEy, remember when we got those big kids happy meals in the airport on our way to Missouri? Crazy crazy

    ReplyDelete