Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pink.

As some of you may know, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer this week. It's been pretty emotional, but I am confident that the Lord will give her (and us) strength throughout this process. We do not know what stage or if the cancer has spread and we will not know until after surgery. She is having a double mastectomy on Wednesday, which we are all extremely anxious for. She is being extremely positive, which has helped me stay calm...for the most part. Philippians 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" I have found so much peace in this verse these last few days and though I go from freaking out to being extremely confident, I continue to put my trust in the Lord. Please keep my mom and our family in your prayers.


Kai showing his support by wearing pink :)
Actually he found this on the floor and wanted me to put in on him...
I know, he kind of looks like a girl, but he doesn't seem to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment