Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GTL...FHD

Gym, tan, laundry? No, flight, haircut, dentist. That's how Kai and I rolled into Maine last Thursday. It was one crazy day let me tell you. We woke up around 2am to catch our crack of dawn flight - we were out of "the Burg" right around 3a and at the airport about 4:30a. Yep, that is early and for whatever reason it always seems earlier with a little kid you have to chase around. Thankfully the KC airport is smaller than an ant farm and Kai was able to run wild and get some pre-flight energy out. One very very very great, wonderful thing about catching such an early flight to good ole Maine is that the flight was practically empty...meaning Kai got his very own seat, which we did NOT have to pay for. Always a sigh of relief there. Our first flight was to Detroit and he did AWESOME. He didn't sleep like I expected, but he watched a movie, looked out the window and jumped up and down on the seats playing peek-a-boo with the guy behind him. From Detroit to Portland, however, he was OUT before take off and I had to wake him up when we landed. Sweet relief Mommy got some rest!!!

Watching a movie (portable dvd player is the best investment EVER)

Ahhhhhh. Sweet dreams little man.
We got into Maine around noon and my sister picked us up to go pick up my mom at work. My mom was supposed to work in the OR that afternoon for a couple hours but one of the kids she was supposed to work on had MERSA and given that she's going through chemo treatments, she was sent home. No need to risk that!! So lucky for us we got my mom a little earlier than expected - YAAAAY!! We went and grabbed a little grub at Panera and then off to Snip-It's for a jolly good haircut for the big boy. I know, I know, he really doesn't have a whole lot of hair, but he had this rat-tail thing going on that was just NOT appealing, so we snipped that one right off. I would have cut it myself, but honestly, didn't trust my steady hand. Didn't want to have to explain to him how his ear was cut off ;-) Surprisingly the kid was a stud. He seriously just sat there checking things out letting the girl give him a little trim. It was so stinking cute, but let's be honest, when is he NOT cute. Duh...never. He is never not cute. Oh great, I've babbled myself into being one of THOSE moms.

Looking good, as always :)

Check me out ladies.
To keep with the busy schedule we had going, we headed to my mom's office for Kai's very first dentist appointment!! This is one I was really nervous about. I mean, I hate the dentist so I figured he would too...WRONG. He loved it. What a weirdo!! He just laid there on my mom while Keelin cleaned, polished, flossed and put a little fluoride on his teeth. Trooper? Yes. Stud? You know it.

Grammie doing a pre-brush

Getting them all cleaned up (polishing was his favorite)
Dr. Whitney checking things out

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who can even vaguely enjoy a dentist appointment is amazing in my book!!!! I HATE going to the dentist, which is why, (shhhh this is a secret I'm not proud of) I haven't been to one once since moving to MI. I've now given up on feeling guilty about it until we get moved. It will be at the top of my to do list then. UGH!!! Good job, Kai!

    ReplyDelete