Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grammie Sher Sher

Well that is not her "official" title, but that's what we've been calling her...at least this month :o) She came to visit last week and it all went by WAAAAAAAY too quickly. Unfortunately the first few days there were tornado warnings/watches and tons of thunderstorms so we were stuck inside. Thankfully my mom is super easy going and I never feel like I have to keep her entertained...I guess that is Kai's job! He was so super spoiled when she was here (no surprise there) and got about a dozen new trucks (completely unnecessary), which he LOVES and had a blast playing with while we were trapped inside. He got a big new Tonka truck, a little fire truck and tons of match box cars, all of which he threw into the Tonka and ran around the house like a crazy man. My mom and I definitely had lots of laughs and Kai sure did a great job at keeping our minds off the crazy weather. Thankfully the mornings weren't too bad so every morning we were able to go to the park and let the boys run around and get some energy out.

Watching the Jungle Book

Grammie read Kai a story every morning & every night

Kai LOVES to swing!!

Tonka.

Saturday we finally got out of town for a little bit and headed into Lees Summit, which is right outside of Kansas City. They have this little "pick 'n paint" place there and we thought it would be fun to get Grammie a little something with Kai's hand print on it. Kai did a great job helping her paint, though he was a little unsure when we put paint on his hands. It was hilarious.

Lots of fun with Grammie Sher Sher and I'm sad her trip went by so quickly :o( Thankfully we'll be seeing her again in less than a month as the WHOLE family heads to Maine for a big long 4th of July visit!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I was reading the inside of Dwight's Bible at church on Sunday and the first page is the nicest message written from B-lo. It made me smile. I got even happier when I realized B-lo gave him the bible on Sept 18 2006, 2 years exactly before Tristan's birthday. Just thought I would share that with you, meant a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for moms coming to visit!! I love the hand print idea, surely there is a place like that somewhere in Dallas!?!?

    ReplyDelete