Monday, June 20, 2011

Tour de El Centro.

El Centro, the current residence of my sister. I don't know why anyone would really want to live there other than having a killer government job. Seriously, it's in the middle (hence, El Centro aka "center") of freaking nowhere. Well, not nowhere, it's in the middle of the desert and borders Mexico. And by borders Mexico I mean I could pretty much throw a rock from my sisters house over to Mexico. So lets be honest, being so close to Mexico we were pretty much the only 2 blondes in the whole "city" and Kai was DEFINITELY the only redhead. No joke, every.single.person commented on his hair...or at least pointed...and about a dozen of them rubbed his head. They're lucky I didn't mind, otherwise I'd have to use my ninja skills to judo chop them. I'd be fair and give them a heads up by yelling HIIIIIIYAAAAA, you know, like all ninjas do, but the damage would have already been done. Do ninjas even use judo? Hmmm I'll have to Google that. Anyway, Rachel even admitted that her only saving grace of living there was being only an hour and a half from San Diego. And it really isn't a bad drive. She says her and roommate (Mr. Raul Bautista) sometimes drive up to San Diego just for dinner. Seems a little extreme right? Well, go visit El Centro and then you'll understand. Save your sanity and head to San Diego - heck yes!!

We did have a really good time visiting Rachel, even if she does live in El Centro. She gave us a tour of the area and showed us the different territories that she worked. I have known what she does since she's started working, but actually seeing where she has to get out to pick up illegal immigrants is CRAZY. It's wicked hot and I would NOT want to work the afternoon shift. Afternoon sun + desert = death :o) Seriously, I'm not sure if immigrants are amazing or just dumb. Walking miles and miles over mountains of desert...phew. I could barely make it to her car without taking a swig of water. Her job seems really hard, really interesting, really intense and I'm not sure I'd be cut out for it. Not to mention I'm not a fan of guns...unless they're the ones that shoot water, I love those ones!

Looks like it's going to be a nice mountainous drive...
And then you hit the desert.
Yep, that's where she lives. Over yonder.
Mt. Signal.
That flag is where a tank of water is so the immigrants can hydrate and not die.
Nice gesture I suppose.Rachel's office building.Yummy in my tummy.
El Centro playground. Ghetto, but entertaining nonetheless.
Yep, below sea level. Better hope a meteor doesn't hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment